Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Vernal Work

I apologize for not posting lately. Spring is in full swing here in Cornwallville and all the gardens need to be weeded, edged and tended to.

If you didn't know, I am a garden designer and plant geek as well as a ceramic artist and have been working with and designing plants for about ten years now.

I have been toying with the idea of creating a garden blog to compliment this one as my passion for ceramics and plants are just as equal.

I will debut the Cornwallville Garden blog soon so keep posted.


For now please enjoy these images of some recent work with vernal colors that I glazed at my good friend and mentor Carla Horowitz's studio Indigo Earth in Livingston, New Jersey.

This work was created and glazed for the Pop-Up Garden Shop, that was held last month. I glazed my bowls, planters and garden stones in rich blues, mossy greens, pussy willow gray, and faux oribe.



I hope you can feel the birth of spring in these pots saturated in rich but soft colors. I'm sure that there will definitely be more to come!

Happy Spring to you All!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog through apartmenttherapy.com. I really enjoyed your photos and stories of your creations and house. So nice to be close to nature...

    I love your ceramic garden stones, they look very intriguing, beautiful colors and complement the environment.

    I am an ex-potter myself, and life took me in a different direction, but always think of getting back to doing it again...

    Best luck to you!

    ReplyDelete