Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Pop-Up Garden Shop Wrap Up


It turned out to be a great weekend at the Kincaid road stand two weekends ago! The Pop-Up Garden Shop was a hit, and most people thought it would be a permanent fixture there. Sadly though it was one weekend.


It was the one weekend only and the weather was a bit brisk. The sun made it out on Saturday, and by Sunday it was overcast and you could see your breath in the air.

That didn't stop some of my friends, family, and passer by's from coming out and supporting the Historical Society of Boonton Township and myself.

It was so great to see everyone and see their response to my work. I can't thank you all enough for making the trip out to Oscar's home.


People really responded to the newer pieces such as my clay buckets, garden toadstools, stoneware planters, and of course the concrete leaves.

Less so of my new "garden stones" which I was so pleased with. So I guess it's back to the ole potters wheel to redesign that one.

All in all I sold almost everything that I brought which felt amazing.


It was a truly great experience for me as I have not had a solo show of my work in such a long time. It gave me a renewed confidence and new inspiration for the pottery in Cornwallville.

Ill keep you posted with new upcoming changes and improvements this year.


It was a bit bittersweet though at the end of the sale on Sunday afternoon. As I packed all my things and looked back at the little empty road stand, I had grown to love. I thought "what will be next?"
and then I recalled the title of the show The Pop-Up Garden Shop.

So keep a look out for the road stand for you'll never know when the next shop will "Pop-Up"

No comments:

Post a Comment